'Sjögren's Solutions' is a collection of 12 video modules about living with Sjögren's Syndrome. Sjögren's is an auto-immune disease that affects the moisture producing glands – meaning no tears, no saliva and no internal lubrication. The Sjögren's Solutions videos are presented by Beverly Norton who is the founder of The Australian Sjögren's Syndrome Association (TASSA).
At the time of her diagnosis in 2000, Bev was the first documented case in Australia of Sjögren's Neuropathy – 3rd stage Sjögren's – and she runs TASSA on her own with no government assistance. In many cases Bev and TASSA are the only source of information for patients and also for doctors in Australia who regularly call her for advice. This takes a great toll on Bev who only has limited energy but her quest is to support as many other people as possible.
That's where the Sjögren's Solutions video series comes into play. The modules are designed to answer as many preliminary, general questions as possible and take the initial load off Bev. Then, once the modules have been watched, sufferers can choose to contact Bev personally over the phone or via Skype and Join for one-time TASSA membership fee (A$60) and discuss each case in detail and create a unique, tailored approach.
Sjögren's is a lifetime disease and by joining TASSA, Bev can continue to offer further personal advice as the disease progresses and symptoms change. But the Sjögren's Solutions modules are TASSA's new first line of information and support, so whether you are new to Sjögren's or moving through the stages, please watch all the videos and explore as many of those solutions as possible and then Join TASSA.
Read - Sjogren's Solutions modules - transcribed - PDFs
Watch all 12 Sjögren's Solutions modules in one playlist -
or watch them separately below
with audio downloads too
if your bandwidth is limited.
Sjögren's Solutions - 12 video modules
1) Bev's history.
.. setting the scene:
- causes, treatments, genetics & diet, trial & error, change of lifestyle.
a quick overview:
- what your doctor told you, saliva glands, eyes, mouth, restructure your life.
3) A Day in the life... Bev's typical day with Sjögren's:
- waking up, morning ritual, daytime eating & exercise routines,
preparing for bed ritual, during sleep.
4) Body... what other impacts on your body:
- eating... stay calm, skin, internal, teeth, mobility.
5) Diet & Food... staying fit & healthy:
- juices, exercise, creams & lotions, what to avoid, Chronic Fatigue.
conventional medical solutions:
- eye drops & inserts, mouth sprays, dental work & care,
optical treatments, lubricants.
7) Alternative therapies... build up the good bits:
- vitamins, herbal remedies, acupuncture & massage, Reiki, laser.
8) Family & friends...
get out and be normal:
- be prepared but be comfortable, cope better & support carers,
go out but balance with rest,
stay as independent as possible,
maintain normality & family unit.
healing on all levels:
- sources of disease, tools for healing, staying open,
positive mind-set, trigger events.
11) Advanced Sjögren's... it can develop into neuropathy:
- neuropathy, how to deal with hospitalisation, rehabilitating,
how to avoid getting really sick again,
what the doctors will and won't tell you.
12) Conclusion... important final points:
- pharmaceuticals, TASSA affiliations, lifestyle, government funding,
membership & donations